Wednesday, February 8, 2012


Herzlich Wilkommen-


This is my first post and I am trying my blog out. I am new to this, but I am excited on sharing my thoughts, stories, inspirations and experiences with you guys. I created this blog for my Humanities class at SFSU.
I was born and raised in Germany. My hometown is only two hours away from Germany's capital, Berlin.
I've been to Berlin many times, and enjoyed the city a lot. Berlin has many fascinating and interesting neighborhoods, cafes, squares and many interesting points of interest like Brandenburger Gate (pictured above), Alexander Platz (picture below), The Wall, Fernsehturm (TV Tower) and Memorial Church, which is even more stunning to see in person than pictures can show. I also included a picture of Knut, who is Germany's most popular polar bear so far. Knut got his own books, magazines, postcards, stickers and many TV shows and news related stories were aired in Germany and around the world. Unfortunately Knut died after only 2 years, but every German, and especially people in Berlin have Knut in loving memory.


I am excited to read and learn more by reading my peers blogs. Lets explore the city together and enjoy getting to know Berlin!



1 comment:

  1. Good job Juliane! I really enjoyed the pictures on your blog and the connection you made to your own life. I have never been to Berlin before, so it was nice to hear from another student (assuming) from my own age group depiction, intake and feelings of Berlin. I also never knew about Knuts and how cute he is! I bet this class is all the more interesting for you seeing that you have been to Berlin and have your own memories there. Looking forward to reading more of your blog’s and hearing further on your intake of Berlin and your connections to the reading.



    Nicole Sowers

    ReplyDelete